Applications are invited for the GreenMatter Fellowship for Postgraduate Study in South Africa 2020.
Deadline: November 24, 2019
About GreenMatter Fellowship – GreenMatter
The wildlife and natural landscapes of South Africa are more than just valuable resources, they reflect our national and cultural heritage. A concerted national effort is needed to drive the creation of biodiversity skills to enforce the diverse and increasingly complex policies and strategies for biodiversity in South Africa–a need to which the partners ‘ GreenMatter network responds.
GreenMatter aims to unlock our country’s ecological, social and economic potential by creating trained biodiversity experts, researchers and practitioners. At GreenMatter, we are bringing together networks of organisations, institutions and agencies to implement solutions that tackle the challenges of developing appropriate and high-quality biodiversity skills.
GreenMatter does this in support of the different strategies and mechanisms in place to address the need for professional environmental skills such as the Biodiversity Human Capital Development Strategy (BHCD), the Environmental Sector Skills Plan (ESSP) and the Global Change of Human Capital Development Strategy of the Department of Science and Technology.
GreenMatter Fellowship – GreenMatter
The GreenMatter Fellowship unites a group of diverse, skilled and dedicated biodiversity practitioners to grow and unlock their potential. This provides students with the opportunity to engage fully in addressing issues of biodiversity across their research and career paths, along with peers who share in that engagement.
The Fellowship is unique in that it offers a variety of opportunities for development and welcomes graduates, young professionals and leaders from all walks of life. This emphasizes camaraderie, community and peer learning, while fostering excellence in the student. Networking, mentoring and formal professional development programs supplement financial support.
Benefits of GreenMatter Fellowship – GreenMatter
A GreenMatter postgraduate award provides holistic support in the form of:
- A cash contribution towards costs of living, study fees, and research costs; and
- The opportunity to access mentoring support, professional development, career guidance and platforms to engage in learning networks.
Eligibility for GreenMatter Fellowship – GreenMatter
Applicants must be:
- A national of South Africa;
- In possession of an undergraduate Degree; or if in a 4 year degree, provide latest marks and letter from lecturer confirming such; or in possession of an Honours degree if pursuing a Masters’; or in possession of a Masters’ degree if pursuing a PhD;
- Seeking funding for starting a full-time postgraduate programme;
- Able to motivate how your field of study aligns to the GreenMatter priority skill areas identified.
Application for GreenMatter Fellowship – GreenMatter
- Download the Guideline Document:
- Fill in the Application form.
- Return the Application and ALL supporting documentation to [email protected]
For more information, visit GreenMatter Fellowship.